Starting The Year Off With A Slam!

Author: ~^~ WittyoreL~^~ // Category:



Slumdog Millionaire Slams to Its Core!

It is official.

The year to start the Year of the Ox with a bang is by bringing forth a kick to my blogs. I have created 20 entries last 2008 that may have displeased and somehow inspired my readers, but, more of so, this blogging hobby is for the curious and the extemporaneous me who never wielded my self-expression through speaking but into writing. So I hope to at least duplicate the 20 entries I wrote last year, if not, triplicate it.

I am supposed to prepare a New Year's Resolution wannabe entry to conform to traditional year start blog entries that are readable anywhere in cyberia. But I opted to grind the year by kicking a start of featuring a film review that I have recently seen last week. Let us start the new year with a bravado of intensity, shall we?

Again, it is official. I am placing SLUMDOG MILLIONAIRE in my top ten lists of favorite movies of all time. I am just so in dilemma erasing Jiboro and replacing it with Slumdog. For a movie aficionado like me, there can be nothing lesser than downgrading on your list of favorite films, especially when we talk of Top 10 lists. After carefully considering all that are criterions why I love and continuously falling in love with films, I guess, it is a no-brainer that Slumdog Millionaire deserves all the accolades that it has been spinning wildly in the entertainment world nowadays.



WHAT THE HECK IS SLUMDOG MILLIONAIRE?

Slumdog Millionaire is the latest renaissance film directed by Trainspotting director Mr. Danny Boyle whose films are notoriously famed for its intense, raw and fast-paced rock and roll plots. He makes film for viewers to enjoy to the edge of their seats. His films will shock you visually and technically. After Trainspotting, Danny Boyle has never been in the buzz anymore until now that his new masterpiece Slumdog Millionaire had yet captivated worldwide audiences because of its simplistic but over the edge narrative of a young Indian call center whose life has changed after winning India's Who wants To Be A Millionaire game show with a whooping 20 million Indian rupees, the biggest in its history ever won by a person.

Why is this film worthy of my honorable list?



Let me say, that it has so have the most important ingredient that I always look when I do watch movies – it is screenplay or its script to the layman. I have never read and seen such a simple but poetic and very grunge and intense movie lines anywhere in a movie since Schindler's List, Titanic and now Slumdog Millionaire. It has been predicted to be a screenplay shoo-in for February's Academy Awards, more of so, as this year’s recipient for Best Picture and Best Director (Crossing Fingers for them?).
The start of the movie catapulted when it showed a Who Wants to Be A Millionaire thought provoking question that introduces the tempera of the movie: It asks:

"JAMAL MALIK IS ONE QUESTION AWAY FROM WINNING 20 MILLION RUPEES, WHAT DID HE DO TO WIN IT?
A. HE CHEATED B. HE'S JUST LUCKY C. HE'S A GENIUS D. IT IS HIS DESTINY.

With that alone, you are sure to expect a fiery and visually stimulating scenes all around the length of the film, not only because of Danny Boyle's directing and screenplay at the helm but also because of the plot of the story which seemed simple and yet powerful in its delivery. What I also did like in the movie is how it encapsulated present impoverish conditions of Mumbai India to the whole world. This provides a genuine back draft of what it means to live a hard life and fight for a survival in the real world. The Philippines can totally find a semblance of similar situations as what is pervasively seen in our newer indie films about poverty and poor life. The characters in the movie namely Jamal, Salim and Latika created a harmoniously exciting, exhilarating, exquisite tale of long lost love, rags-to riches, action and betrayal and to some extent a lot of heartbreaking and seductively romantic retelling of the will to find true love and happiness. The movie has it all. It is that mixture and perfect balance of the contemporary ideals vis-a-vis the modern attack to storytelling. This is why I loved this movie so much. It sets foot on the world that we are now, its reality and aspirations.
After watching this movie last week twice, I guess, I suddenly has gotten the drive to start my blogging year right by simply as well writing what I write best in my blogs and it is to write about what moves me when I am provoked intellectually and inspirationally. This movie Slumdog Millionaire is all I have ever need to rock my world this 2009.





It has not only touched on the reality of hard work to achieve something in life. It had also affirmed in me that the failures and the challenges that are present in our lives may seemed overwhelming as they looked like, but I guess, like what Jamal did in the movie, he just followed his heart and destiny. He worked hard, did not forget what his past experiences had taught him, dreamed bigger for what he has aspired for and in the end, succeeded, with the right kind of success that he could have hardly wished of. This is the lesson I learned after watching this movie. And by the way the actors are that fantastic looking too, before I forget.

Let us cross fingers for an Oscar Best Picture 2009 for Slumdog dear readers.


0 Responses to "Starting The Year Off With A Slam!"

Post a Comment